2015 was quite the year! From kicking off the race to the presidential election to the non-Christmas Starbucks cup heard around the world, there was always a new and exciting news story to wake up to. Some had a great year (here’s to you Adele) while others struggled a bit. To jog your memory a little bit, here are some of the biggest things that happened in 2015.
(Image via ET Online)
- Chrissy Teigen became one of the best memes with her cry face
- Tom Brady and the New England Patriots were accused of deflating footballs during the AFC Championship Game which resulted in the start of “Deflategate”
(Image via ET Online)
- Taylor Swift and Kanye West decided to make nice by becoming the best of friends after their infamous feud at the VMAs
- #TheDress took over social media and made enemies out of friends when people chose sides over whether the garment was black and blue or white and gold
- NBC News anchor Brian Williams admitted to lying about being shot down in a helicopter while reporting the Iraq war in 2003 (oops!)
- “50 Shades of Grey” debuted in theaters Valentine’s Day weekend and the movie raked in more than $95 million
- The Bella team went backstage at Etxeberria to watch the models get runway ready with Kryolan
(Image via Vogue)
- Zoolander stole the show when Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson walked the Valentino runway as their famous characters to promote their upcoming movie Zoolander 2
- Zayne Malik left One Direction and thousands of teenage girls were heartbroken
(Image via Starpulse)
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel welcomed their first child, baby boy Silas
- Apple released the Apple Watch and made watches cool again
- Boston Marathon Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was found guilty of all 30 charges related to the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing
(Image via People)
- Princess Kate and Prince William gave birth and welcomed little Princess Charlotte into the world
- Taylor Swift’s 1989 World Tour kicked off and so did the tradition of bringing surprise guests on stage. Karlie Kloss, Kobe Bryant, John Legend and multiple Victoria’s Secret angels strutted on stage at various shows across the world.
- TLC’s “19 Kids and Counting” was cancelled after their oldest son Josh admitted to molesting five girls as a teenager
(Image via The Wrap)
- The world met Caitlyn Jenner for the first time via Vanity Fair
- The Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples have the right to marry and the Internet exploded in celebration with #LoveWins and #LoveIsLove hashtags in addition to the Facebook rainbow profile picture filter.
(Image via NY Daily News)
- Subway spokesperson Jared Fogle was released from his contract after being investigated, eventually arrested and sentenced, for child pornography
- One of our Bella girls, Leesa, was a beautiful bride and got married!
(Image via Popdust)
- One Direction announces they will take a temporary break in 2016 to pursue their own projects (teenage girls were heartbroken again)
- Hackers released millions of user’s personal information from the cheating site Ashley Madison, including Josh Duggar and other celebrities
- The Bella team learned one of life’s greatest skills…knitting!
- The youngest of the Kardashian/Jenner clan, Kylie, turned 18 and finally went public with her 26-year-old rapper boyfriend Tyga
- Another one of our Bella girls, Lauren, was a beautiful bride and got married!
- The Bella office introduced their newest team member, a sweet puppy named Oakley!
- A New Yorker posted an adorable (gross?) video of a rat struggling to carry a piece of pizza in the Subway and thus, Pizza Rat was born
- Taylor Swift bypassed Kim Kardashian and Beyoncé to claim Instagram Queen when she hit 45.5 million followers
- Kenneth Cole launched their Courageous Class Campaign that features real-life heroes
- The Bella team was in attendance to help Betsey Johnson to celebrate her 50th anniversary show with Kryolan as the makeup sponsor
(Image via Music Times)
- NBA star Lamar Odom was found unconscious in a Nevada brothel after a drug overdose
- Adele graced the world with her presence and released her new single “Hello”
- The Bella team hit the corporate world with Coco De’Ball and Perfect365 in a fun day of selfies and desk side meetings
- Drake dropped “Hotline Bling” and no one could escape his dancing
- A Bella first, we helped Tinkerbelle the Dog ring her 4th birthday with selfie sticks and lots of laughter
- After surprising divorce announcements from both sides, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani stepped out in public together for the first time as boyfriend and girlfriend
- The world was left heartbroken when terrorists attacked Paris
- Adele released her new album “25” and broke every music record by selling more than 2.4 million copies in the first week
(Image via People)
- The new Star Wars movie was released and broke multiple records during opening weekend
- Steve Harvey accidentally named the wrong winner of Miss Universe and it became one of the most cringe-worthy moments on live television
- Teresa Giudice from the Real Housewives of New Jersey was released from prison after spending 15 months behind bars for fraud
- Kim Kardashian broke the internet again with her “Kimoji’ app
Just like any other year, 2015 had its ups and its downs. We’re looking forward to seeing what happens in 2016! There are so many moments to choose from – which is your favorite?